Thursday, August 15, 2013

Making simple pillow cases



Hello everyone! When we got our sofas, they weren't the colors I wanted but who could refuse a really good price on two comfy sofas?
So I knew I would have to spend a little bit more in order to make them my own. Overall I did save myself a lot of money. I sat down and thought it through... well not really I stood in my living room and imagined how it would all come together. My husband must think I'm crazy for staring at the sofas and talking to myself. Hey, it really helps me concentrate.
My first step in approaching this big project was to start with the pillows. This will definitely be big for me because I have never reupholster a couch before so getting the little things out of the way seemed a good idea.
Thanks to Hobby Lobby (one of my favorite stores) I found these cute fabric patterns. Plus they were the right colors.



I grabbed the scissors and started cutting. Of course I measured the pillows first. I cut a square 16.5x16.5" and then two smaller pieces 10x16.5". I did this so I could make an envelope style pillow case. You can find plenty of tutorials online for this. I found mine through Brooke from All Things Thrifty. I wanted one side to be the chevron pattern and the other side the aqua, white, gray and black pattern.



Then I pinned the fabric together and started sewing.




I was able to make two pillow cases but need to do 2 or 3 more. I love how they turned out.


Thanks for reading!

post signature

2 comments:

Follow This Blog !!!