Wednesday, March 27, 2013

painting #2... Owls

I am currently working on my second painting. When my son was born, I wanted to decorate his room with cute owl stuff. It didn't work out that way but I like how his room turned out anyway. I have other plans now since he is getting older. Soon the weather will change to warm in Central Utah and I will be able to post about home decor stuff. It's hard to spray paint when it is cold, things don't dry very well.

So far all I have to show for my new painting is a sketch I came up with a few days ago.


The sketch only took me a few minutes. What's taking a long time is coming up with the colors that I want to use. So that's what's been taking me days. I am trying to find my muse, the colors that will give the right atmosphere, I need to feel like its right. For those who appreciate what a painting brings into a room, know what I am talking about.
Color plays a huge role. I would like for this painting to go in a nursery or a child's room and it needs to have a calming effect. I plan on posting some of my different color schemes soon. Please let me know which one looks best.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow This Blog !!!