Saturday, February 9, 2013

Bird Theme

So, it's not like I have some kind of obsession with birds or anything. I just like drawing them sometimes. I mentioned earlier that I wanted to have a bird theme going on in my living room. Just a couple of birds here and there.

The other day I searched for some living room artwork and found a bunch of abstract art. Now, abstract is not my thing(It depends on my mood). Lots of people like it and good for them but I rather stick to things that make sense to me. For me to like an abstract piece, there has to be an attractive color scheme. It has to compliment the rest of the room. I've seen beautiful pieces before that seem to make up some kind of scenery without definite lines or figures. My favorite abstract pieces are the ones that highlight a certain element in the composition.

To give you an idea of what I am talking about, I found these cool pieces on depositphotos.com


Here's a piece that just ties in all the neutrals in the room.
It's from www.vi.sualize.us

So, I decided to make my own abstract painting. Since the colors I want for my living room are turquoise, aqua, gray, white and black, I came up with this
This is the background to my painting. It was my first try at it. Not bad, I guess.

Next I needed to add some embellishments.
I watered down the flourishes so it would take them back a little. I didn't want them to be the main focus.

Then I added a branch and my bird had to pop out some how. So I used newspaper and foam to cut out a bird. Once I glued the newspaper design on the foam, I added a glue dot to make the bird pop out. Last thing was to paint it's legs.

These pictures don't do it justice, in person the color are much better. It might not be the best art I have created but for now, I like it. It makes me grin and that's the important part.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow This Blog !!!