Thursday, June 20, 2013

Why buy a new clock?

I know I said I would show a canvas painting next but I wanted to share this clock project before I share the painting.

Since we moved to our new apartment, we had a very empty looking living room. We were waiting for money to start rolling in from my husband's new job before spending on a couch. In my search through Craig's list I found an awesome deal. I will tell you more about it in another post because this post will be dedicated to the free clock that came with the furniture. There are so many things I have been working on these last couple of weeks! Can't wait to share.

Now the clock looked fine just the way it was... but of course I had to change it. Lots of people like to go with the nice neutral colors and this clock would look awesome for that kind of living room. I promised myself that I would not do that. Now I can't do anything about the carpet and wall color. When you are renting, your options are somewhat limited in that department. SO I am letting my furniture and accents to set the mood. This is what happened to that nice clock.


For those who know me, the aqua blue colored clock is more my style.

I first started by taking it apart. Then I picked one of my favorite colors, Blue Bahama from Patio Paint.


Once I covered all the areas I wanted covered, I let it dry overnight.


Then I went into my Silhouette program and cut out some vinyl numbers.


I made sure they were in the right place and started painting in the numbers with a grayish-silver color. I just mixed some black, white and silver paint.



But then of course I couldn't leave it without some embellishment.


On my wall it went! It ties in well with all the other decorations. I know that this picture doesn't show them but I will be revealing my living room in some near future. For now you will get little glimpses.

post signature

1 comment:

Follow This Blog !!!