Saturday, October 11, 2014

Fashionista

Unfortunately, I didn't make a video for this painting!  But, I do have a few pictures of what I did.  



 
So a friend of mine wanted something by her vanity table that would inspire beauty.  So we came up with this concept.  I started off with a sketch to make sure we got exactly what she wanted.  She looked up fashion art online and found a sketch of a girl looking to the side with a similar dress as the one I painted.  I said okay, but it would have to turn into my own style.  She agreed and this is what I sketched for her.



This painting was something I had not done before so I was excited to start.  She wanted clean lines on the painting so I taped the sides to give it a framed look. Then went with the background first and left the girl for last.  That was my favorite part.





The skin color was enjoyable to mix because I was trying to get something close to my friend's skin.   I have to say the hair also came close, although she liked the idea of making it longer.  The simple touch of the starry night sky tied the painting in perfectly.  I believe it brought a hint of allurement that she desired.  Looking at it more and more, I feel there are a few things I would change but overall, it was a delight to paint. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow This Blog !!!