Monday, April 22, 2013

Apron for my Mommy!

In my last post I talked about making a cute vintage apron and I said that I would make another one. Well I just finished it. This one isn't vintage style but it is very girly. My mom loves pink, it's her favorite color. Her kitchen is black and white and she told me once that she wanted an apron that matched her kitchen. So we went to the store and bought the fabric she wanted.
I had an apron that I just loved the cute design because it looks like a dress. So my sewing teacher helped me make a pattern and this was the finished result.

I plan on making myself one like this. I learned a few things through trial and error while staying up last night and trying to finish this apron asap. For example the pocket, it is a little hard to see because of the bold pattern that the fabric has. So I decided to make a border on the next apron I make.

My favorite part are the ruffles on the bottom.

Never thought that sewing could be so much fun. These little projects have helped bring my confidence up and try new things. Eventually I will try much harder projects but for now I am learning lots with the ones I have been challenged with.

post signature

2 comments:

Follow This Blog !!!